Our Roadmap to Engaged Ministry
We have adopted a Strategic Plan
as part of our plan for the future of our church to guide the conversation about where God is leading our ministry. The Strategic Planning Process, led by a committee through meetings, prayer, and joyful conversation, combines an overarching vision with discrete goals for the next few years of the church’s life. The aim was to strike a balance between reflecting who we are and reflecting who we feel called by God to be. In other words, the goals are aspirational, but not removed from reality.
Vision and Goals
(Luke 10:27 • Matthew 22:37-40)
As disciples of Jesus Christ, claimed and called – each one of us with a ministry to share – we strive to embody the commandments:
• To love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
• To love your neighbor as yourself.
With gratitude for God’s faithfulness in our past and with hope for a vibrant future, we will build on the strengths of our Reformed tradition
To love God with our hearts, souls, and minds as we:
- Prioritize worship as the heart of our life together as a community
- Nurture and provide opportunities for our souls to encounter and experience the living God
- Develop a comprehensive plan to nourish our minds as we learn, interpret, and illustrate the good news of the gospel in ways that inform our discipleship in today's world and anticipates the future
To love our neighbor as self as we focus on the ministry of hospitality to all, we will:
- Extend a sense of welcome and invitation through our programs, spaces, and attitudes to the city and neighborhood in which we live and serve
- Intentionally find and sustain ways that we can engage as a community in God's mission in the world, both locally and internationally. Specifically, to engage in ways that connect us - person-to-person, neighbor-to-neighbor - as we participate in this mission
- Care for one another - sharing in the fullness of one another's lives which leads to Christian community
- Seek and develop partnerships that amplify and make more effective our ministry to all the people of God