Where We've Been. Where We're Going.
Christians are people with a story to tell. We believe that God is a God of history and that we are both heirs of this story of mighty acts of God as well as participants within it.
Our Church's Role in the Story began in 1845
In 1845, twenty men and women in this city made a covenant with each other, binding themselves together as a church to be known as the Presbyterian Church of Shreveport. The church members met first in homes then within two buildings in downtown Shreveport between 1845-1925. In 1925 the church moved to the current site at 900 Jordan Street, incorporating a cornerstone and windows from the old building. Since its inception by its founders, this church has strived to become a beacon of light and hope to its members and this city.
Fulfilling the Vision
As we move into the future of this church, we cast a vision for mission-driven values and to use our facility to create a welcoming, accessible, updated church that meets the needs of our members and those we are called to serve. Being a caring and welcoming part of the community is important to us and we want to honor and advance the promises our ancestors in the faith to "devote our hearts and lives to the service of God, in the Gospel of his Son ... that we may have some humble agency in the promotion of his cause in our country and in the world."
Our vision for the future calls us to use our sacred spaces for the worshipping community - in our congregation, our city and our world.
To learn more, please read our CORE VALUES.
Click here for our ANNUAL REPORT.